Last week, we went back to Taiping and my 3rd sister-in-law (my hubby's sister) cooked this Sambal Petai Udang for us. She knows that we love her Sambal Petai Udang. San Jie, thank you!!!! Love you <3
This is her special recipe :
Ikan Bilis (anchovy) - washed Homemade sambal paste
- 1tbsp tamarind paste + 3tbsp water, remove seeds = tamarind water
- Soy sauce to taste
- A pinch of salt
1) Deep fried ikan bilis till golden brown. Then, set aside.
3) Add in prawns, petai and tamarind water. Mix well. Then, add in the remaining seasonings.
4) Add in fried ikan bilis and mix well.
5) Dish out and serve with nasi lemak or rice.