Tuesday 9 October 2012

Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup

I was introduced to soup as a child and I just love soup and couldn't get enough of them! And now having a family of my own, my children also love soup; any variety of soup, be it chicken soup, herbal soup, vegetable soup, etc.

Chinese soup is easy to prepare. Last Mid-autumn Festival family gathering dinner, I prepared a simple Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup for the reunion dinner (my mum, 3rd and 5th younger sisters' families and mine).



All you need is :-

- 1 whole chicken (washed and cut into chunks. Scalded)

- 4 ears of corn (washed and cut into chunks)

- 3 medium sized carrot (washed and cut into chunks)


- 1 big handful of mushroom stems (washed) (I used to keep all the mushroom stems)

- 1 handful of red dates (washed)

- 1 tablespoon of wolfberries (washed)

- some peppercorns (washed and crushed) - to taste

- Salt (to taste)

Method :

Fill a big pot with water. Bring it to a boil. Add all the ingredients except salt and bring to a boil again. Then, simmer for an average of 3 hours. Season with salt when it is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)