Beet has many benefits. It is delicious and nutritious when make it into juice. To know more about its benefits, go to Beetroot + Grape Juice.
Beet can be braised with meat or also make it into soup. The gravy or the soup itself is very delicious.. Here, I have chicken braised with beet. Do give it a try and you will love it ^_^
Ingredients : (no exact measurement)
- 1/2 chicken (cut into bite sized and blanched)
- 1/2 beet (peeled and cut)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 big onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 whole garlic (lightly crushed)
- 1 thumb sized garlic (crushed)
- 1 star anise
- 6 white peppercorns (crushed)
1) Add all ingredients into a medium-sized pot.
2) Add enough water to cover all the ingredients. (To make soup, just add more water).
3) When boiled, add seasonings and simmer until chicken is soft and tender.
4) Serve hot.
The gravy itself is already very yummylicious!!
This dish is simple and when you are busy, just dump everything into the pot and simmer it. When I have no time to cook, this will be my one dish pot! My children like to 'banjir' (mix lots of gravy with rice) their rice with the gravy... Isn't it easy peasy??
For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin. Simply click and follow :