Wednesday 27 February 2013

Canned Sardine Curry

Yesterday, I was thinking of curry fish but too bad I didn't have any suitable fish in the freezer that could be used for curry.  Then, I remembered a friend gave me sardine curry sandwiches sometimes back and it struck on me to cook fish curry with canned sardines.  So, if you don't mind something weird, do give this a try.  It is yummy...

Ingredients :
- 1 canned sardine
- 1 small packet of fish curry powder (25gm)
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 2 tomatoes (washed and cut)
- 1 big bombay onion (washed and sliced)
- 1 big red onion (washed and sliced)
- 1 whole garlic (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or tamarind juice - asam jawa)

Seasonings : ( no exact measurement as I only added a little of each spices)
- jintan putih (fennel seed)
- jintan manis (cumin seeds)
- halba (fenugreek) 
- soy sauce
-salt

- water
- cooking oil

Method :
1)  Heat oil in a wok or pot and fry jintan putih, jintan manis, halba, onions, garlic and curry leaves until aromatic.
2)  Then, add  canned sardines, tomatoes and enough water and stir.
3)  Add fish curry powder, soy sauce and salt.  Stir.
4)  Cover and lower the heat.  Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5)  Add vinegar or tamarind juice and mix well.
6)  Serve with rice or bread.
For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :



Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

6 comments:

  1. Tempting curry
    www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sardine curry reminds me a lot of assam laksa... Nothing weird at all and happy to give this a try :D

    Nice to know you via blogging. Happy to be your latest follower for more cooking ideas :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Zoe! Nice to know you too :)

      Delete
  3. Your sardine curry makes me salivate dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.It's a simple dish but yummy...

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)