Wednesday 19 June 2013

Easy Homemade Chili Paste

I always make sure I must have 1 or 2 tubs or bottles of  homemade chili paste in my fridge.  This is because I prefer homemade than those commercial chili boh.  It is so convenient if you have an ever ready homemade chili paste in your fridge.  You can serve it with noodles, as a dipping sauce, cooking, etc.  Moreover, it is so easy to prepare!

Ingredients :
- 300g dried chillies (soaked in hot water and seeded)
- 350g fresh red chillies (halved and seeded)
- 20 shallot (peeled)
- 20 cloves garlic (peeled )
- a pinch of salt
- 1 or2 tbsp cooking oil

Method

1. Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth.  If too dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
2.  Heat a wok and stir the paste over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
3. Transfer the paste into small containers and store it in the fridge. 
4.  It stays good for about 1 to 2 months in the fridge.  You can also store it in a freezer too.
Isn't it easy?  Try it and you will not regret.  Adjust the measurement of the ingredients according to your taste.  Sometimes I add some lemongrass into it and at times I just estimate with whatever is available.

Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, i will try make it over the weekend but cut into half of the portion first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to make and store it in the fridge and freezer. Sometimes I just add anything that comes into my mind, ie tomatoes, lemongrass, lime juice, ginger or even dried shrimps, hahaha... Just wanted to try out the different flavour. You can too :)

      Delete
  2. I would love to make my own Chili Paste, Ivy. I'm going to save this recipe for "someday."

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. I found you on Pinterest! and I pinned your Hot & Spicy Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Louise. You can actually store the chili paste in the freezer for more than 2 months or more!

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)