Friday 5 July 2013

Fragrant Mixed Spices Salmon

This is another one of my salmon recipes.  This time, I tried to mix spices to this pan-fried salmon.  Different from my usual Sweet Fragrant Rosemary SalmonPan-Fried Salmon with Fennel and Coriander Powder or Simple Pan-Fried Salmon with Dried Basil.  As usual, I used Happy Call Pan too.

Ingredients :
- 2 pcs of salmon fillet (marinated)
- 2 tbsp ginger juice (juiced it from the grated ginger)
- some curry leaves
- some finely chopped lemongrass
- a dash of curry powder
- 3 cardamon pods (buah pelaga)
- soy sauce

- butter (enough for pan fry)

Marinate : (to taste)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- a dash of ground cumin (jintan putih)
- salt

Method :
1)  Marinate the fish for at least 1/2 hour. 
2)  Melt butter in a pan.  Saute some lemongrass, curry leaves and cardamon pods until fragrant.
3)  Add salmon fillets and close the lid (I used Happy Call Pan).  Pan fry until both sides are slightly brown.
4)  Sprinkle some curry powder on both sides.
5)  Turn off the heat.  Season with ginger juice and soy sauce on both sides
6)  Serve hot.
The aroma of ginger and lemongrass is really great!

I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Alvin of Chef and Sommelier.

I'm also linking this post to September 2013 Cooking With Herbs Blog Challenge hosted by Lavender and Lovage.


To receive new updates, please LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING ON FACEBOOK. Thanks!!!
Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

19 comments:

  1. Ivy, your salmon is looking good! I must really try your salmon recipes because so far I only pan fry it plain or steam it. You have loads of ideas with salmon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, Yes, I experienced different recipes with salmons and most of the time it was on the spur of the moment. No fixed recipes,hahaha.. My girls like salmon very much and usually my hubby would buy 1 whole frozen salmon from the supermarket(don't buy from wet market, very expensive)and they would machine cut it and individually wrapped it. So convenient and hassle free. That's why I had so many salmon dishes, hahaha.. I still have some photos in stored but not yet blog.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Ivy, your salmon looks good. but i cant find any good salmon fish in my place. so can i thinks if i m using other type of fish, is it ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xing Hui, u can try it with ikan kurau or any other fish. I think I may try this with chicken too.

      Delete
  3. oh, the sound of ginger and lemongrass sounds delicious , looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena. Just the ginger and lemongrass itself is already yummy. Give this a try :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I can almost smell the aroma from the herbs and spices! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Do give this at try. You will love this :)

      Delete
  5. Wow Ivy! Two back-to-back recipe posts to LTU! Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alvin, thanks for visiting my humble blog :)

      Delete
  6. I will try this recipe over the weekend ... my family loves salmon {they love all types of fish} ... I think I will try it with chicken , thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee, surprisingly this 'spur of the moment' recipe comes out very yummy. My family like it very much. I will cook again but will substitute with chicken or pork ribs.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous Salmon, Ivy. I bet it sure did taste good too and the fragrance oh my heavens!!! I'm saving this recipe for the next time I buy Salmon. It sounds delicious!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivy,

    i like the way how you cooked these salmon. They must be tasty with lots of flavours.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)