That day, I happened to see one of the many recipes which I have bookmarked in one of my many cook books collection. It's blueberry muffins which seemed to be so easy. (In fact, this recipe has been in my KIV files for quite sometimes and it just slipped my mind until I by chanced saw it, hehehe...) But, I did not have any blueberries. Strawberries?? YES, there were some in the fridge. So, what I did was to substitute it with strawberries.
Well, I am glad I substituted it with strawberries
This Quick and Easy Strawberry Muffins is great when you have unexpected guests, and also ideal for satisfying a craving for baked treats.
Quick and Easy Strawberry Muffins
Recipe adapted from Popular Cupcakes & Muffins (Bluberrry Muffins page 102)
Ingredients : (my modification in red)
- 250gm all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 110gm superfine sugar
- 125gm fresh strawberries (cut into small pieces)
- 160ml milk
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- cut 6 strawberries into half (make 12 pcs)
- some icing sugar
cut fresh strawberries
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a standard muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2) Sift flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in strawberries. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
3) Combine milk, butter and egg. Mix into dry ingredients, until just combined.
4) Spoon mixture into prepared pan until to two-thirds full. Arrange halved strawberry on top of the batter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until skewer inserted in the center of a muffin tests clean.
5) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cook completely.
6) Sprinkle some icing sugar onto the muffins.
Goes well with a cup of hot tea or coffee
If you like strawberries as well as muffins, then this recipe is a keeper
Have a fabulous week ahead and happy baking!
I am linking this post with Cook-Your-Books #18 @ kitchen flavours
"My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.
as well as
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)