Turmeric is widely used in Indian recipes. It is the main spice in curry and is arguably the most powerful herb at fighting and potentially reversing diseases. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurvedic medicine use turmeric in the treatment of liver disease, skin problems, respiratory and gastrointestinal ailments, sprained muscles, joint pains and general wound healing. Besides, turmeric offers many health benefits since it has both anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
Curcumin in turmeric has the ability to modulate genetic activity and expression — both by destroying cancer cells and by promoting healthy cell function. It also promotes anti-angiogenesis, meaning it helps prevent the development of additional blood supply necessary for cancer cell growth.
Drink this delicious golden milk in the morning and before bed for 2 weeks and you will see the difference!
In fact, a number of studies have even reported that using curcumin is more advantageous than certain prescription drugs.
Health Benefits of Turmeric :-
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Anti-depressants (Prozac)
- Anti-coagulants (Aspirin)
- Pain killers
- Diabetes drugs (Metformin)
- Arthritis medications
- Inflammatory bowel disease drugs
- Cholesterol drugs (Lipitor)
For more benefits of turmeric, please refer to here, here and here.
Ingredients :-- 1 cup of fresh milk/coconut milk (I used fresh milk)
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder or one-half inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced (I used turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 4 cardamon pods - crushed or cut into pieces(optional)
- a sprinkle of black pepper
1) Heat up milk in a pot or saucepan over medium heat.
2) Add turmeric, ginger and cardamon pods.
3) Keep stirring to prevent the milk from scorching at the bottom of the pot.
4) Once small bubbles begin to form, add in black pepper.
5) Stir and mix well. Off the heat.
6) Serve warm.
Spice up your day with a cup of warm Golden Milk
This beautiful golden drink calms and soothes inflammation. It is also very detoxifying for the liver and gallbladder.
A cup of this awesome Golden Milk before bed aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping
My youngest girl can prepare her own Golden Milk before she hits the hay
Cheers and spice up your life!!
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK.
Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving your message or comment at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)