Are you looking for a simple yet refreshing, cooling and healthy desserts or drinks? To some, edible bird's nest is the best choice but not everyone can afford or willing to spend on it. Why don't you consider Eucheuma Seaweed aka Sea Bird's Nest. It's relatively cheap and affordable to all and has the same nutritional values as bird's nest. You can easily get Eucheuma from any Chinese Medical shop.
Eucheuma is a type of seaweed that grows in different colors either green, purple or brown.
1) Dried Eucheuma has to be rinsed and washed 5 to 6 times. Then soaked for at least 5 hours.
2) Remember to keep changing the water for at least 4 to 5 times. Take note that gradually, it turns transparent, soft and expands in size.
3) Lastly, rinse again with clean water and drain. Store in a container and keep it in the refrigerator.
4) Or, boil the rinsed Eucheuma with water (300gm Eucheuma with 1.5 litre water). Keep stirring until completely dissolved. Allow it to cool before transferring it into a container. Chill it in the fridge for it to set. It stays good for 3 to 4 weeks.
5) You can add this healthy Sea Bird's Nest Jelly to any of your favorite beverages or just mix it with water or fruit juice of your choice.
Kelp is another type of healthy and nutritious seaweed that I like to cook for my family. For more info on the nutritional and its uses, do click at the following links.
Ingredients : (to taste)
- 2 Chinese pears (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel (peeled and cut)
- 1 tbsp goji berries (washed)
- honeycomb sugar
- some pandan leaves (pandanus/screw pine)
- 4 bowls of hot water
1) Put everything into a double boiler and double boil for 30 minutes over high heat.
2) Serve warm with a scoop of Eucheuma jelly (pls refer to the above on "How to clean/ prepare Eucheuma Seaweed").
Refreshing, cooling and rejuvenating
Easy and hassle free yet healthy dessert
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)