Wild Yam or Huai Shan (淮山) is a chinese herb which is sweet and has neutral properties. It is used for treating the kidney, lung and spleen. Chinese sinsehs also use it to promote urination, lower blood sugar, lower blood pressure, antibiotic, anti aging and improves digestive system.
- half chicken (washed and cut into bite sized)
- 1 stick of fresh huai shan (washed, peeled, cut)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut)
- garlic (crushed)
- ginger (crushed)
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- soy sauce
1) Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2) Add chicken, huai shan, cinnamon stick and carrot. Stir fry for a while. Add enough water to cover the chicken if you like more gravy. Otherwise, less water will do.
3) Add seasonings and mix well.
4) Cover and let it simmer until the chicken is soft and tender or until the gravy is thickened.
5) If you like, drizzle some rice wine and serve hot.
For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin. Simply click and follow :