Thursday 6 September 2012

Stir Fried Eggplant with Chili Paste

Eggplant, brinjal,  aubergine, terong or whatever it is called, is one of my favourite veggies.  Be it a simple stir-fry with taucu or miso or just with soy sauce, I just love it.  However, today I decided to cook it with homemade chili paste which my sister-in-law gave me.  It is a simple dish and yet our favourite too.


Ingredients :
 
- 3 medium-sized eggplants (sliced)

- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimps (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of Homemade chili paste
- 1  garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 piece of ginger (crushed)
Seasonings
- salt, soy sauce and sugar to taste

cooking oil



Method :

1)  Heat cooking oil in a wok.  Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant and add in dried shrimps.

2)   Add in eggplant and chili paste.  Add in water if too dry. Stir fry until soft. 

3)  Add in seasonings and stir well.

4)  Serve with steamed rice.

A simple dish but satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)