Friday 28 September 2012

Stir Fried Swiss Brown Mushrooms with Chinese Leeks and Eggs

Mushrooms have a surprisingly high nutritional value. They are low in calories, cholesterol-free, fat-free, high in protein and fiber and low in sodium. Besides, they are also high in nutrients such as selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more.

With more than 14,000 kinds of mushrooms in existence, only 3,000 of those are edible and about 1,400 are actually recognized as poisonous.

Mushrooms are not only nutritious, they are delicious too! That's the reason we love mushrooms; any type of mushrooms and I can cook it anyway I like! Here's a dish of Swiss Brown Mushrooms with Chinese Leeks and Eggs.

Ingredients :

- 100g of mushrooms (1 box is 200g and I used only half) - washed and cut
- 3 stalks of Chinese Leeks - washed and cut
- 4 eggs (beat)
- ginger (sliced finely)
Cooking oil

Seasonings : (to taste)
- Salt
- Soy Sauce

Method :

1) Heat oil in a wok. Saute ginger until aromatic.

2) Add leeks and mushrooms. Stir well. Add salt.

3) Add beaten egg and let it set. Then mix well. Add some water if it is too dry.

4) Lastly, add soy sauce and stir.


 More mushrooms in your diet are not only tasty; they're good for you too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe of stir fried swiss brown mushroom. I hope that I can cook it perfect because this is also my favorite. I have also a recipe for stir fry sauce here and I want to share it to you.

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)