Saturday 16 February 2013

King of Soy Sauce Prawns


Prawns symbolize happiness for Chinese especially when it is cooked during Chinese New Year. When pronounced in Cantonese, it is “haa” which of course sounds like laughter! So, let's ha...ha...ha...ha... over this King of Soy Sauce Prawns which I adapted it from Nasi Lemak Lover. I cooked this yesterday; the 6th day of Chinese New Year when my good friends came to visit me.


Ingredients :
- 1Kg large prawns (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 bowl of cloves garlic (minced)
- 2tbsp of light soy sauce (to taste)
- thick caramel sauce (to taste)
- 2tsp sugar (to taste)
- 1 small bowl of dried shrimps (washed and minced)
- Few stalks of spring onion (washed and cut into 1" length - separate the white part and green part))
- 1 red chili (washed and shredded)

Method :
1. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Saute garlic, dried shrimps and white part of spring onion till fragrant.

2. Add in the prawns and give it a quick toss. Then, add in light soy sauce and sugar, mix well and give another quick stir.

3. Then, add in green onions, mix well and dish out.

4. Garnish with shredded red chili and serve hot.

* I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover *


For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :



Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

2 comments:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)