Friday 15 March 2013

Stir-fry Bok Choy with Grey Oyster Mushroom (Meatless Recipe)

I always make it a point to have meatless meals twice or thrice a week.  I am not a vegetarian but just a bit health conscious.  So, whenever I prepared meatless meals for my family, I would make sure that the meals are nutritious and healthy.  Besides fresh veggies, tofu, mushrooms, beans, nuts, grains and legumes are my favourite for meatless meals.  Whether you are a vegetarian or just trying to eat healthier, these ingredients are packed with essential nutrients and are delicious too!

Bok choy is one of the veggies I used to cook. It is high in vitamin K which can be beneficial in the prevention of  osteoporosis, heart disease and cancer.  Besides, it is very delicious.  I stir fried it most of the time and occasionally I cooked it with noddles soup.  Here's a simple and nutritious stir-fry bok choy with oyster mushroom.

Ingredients :
- 1 packet of grey oyster mushroom (washed and torn into pieces)
- 1 big bunch of bok choy (washed and cut)
- 1 thumbsized ginger (washed and crushed)
- 3 cloves garlic (washed and crushed)

Seasonings : (to taste)
- oyster/abalone sauce or soy sauce
- salt
- Chinese cooking wine

Cooking oil

Method :
1)  Heat oil in a wok and saute ginger and garlic until fragrant.
2)  Add bok choy and give it a quick stir fry.
3)  Add in mushrooms.  Stir and mix well.  If too dry, add some water.
4)  Stir in seasonings and serve immediately.

For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :


Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)