Wednesday 4 September 2013

Refreshing Sweet Potatoes Dessert

Having a bowl of refreshing sweet potatoes dessert on a lazy raining Sunday is heaven!  I would usually cook dessert during weekends when every member of my family is at home and we have time to enjoy it at our own sweet time instead of in a rush rush.
Ingredients :
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes (peeled, cut and soaked in water so as to prevent it from turning dark, drained)
- 2 thumb sized ginger (crushed)
- 1 bunch of pandan leaves/screw pine leaves (washed, knotted)
- honeycomb sugar (to taste)
- enough water
Method :
1)  Fill water in a pot and add sweet potatoes and ginger.
2)  Bring to boil and let it simmer until the sweet potatoes is semi-cooked.
3)  Add pandan leaves and honeycomb sugar and continue to simmer until the potatoes are soft.
4)  Serve hot.
A very refreshing dessert.  Reduce the ginger is you are not a ginger lover.  As for me, I LOVE ginger and I like to add extra into the dessert.
Alternatively, you can also cook Barley with Sweet Potatoes (<-- click here for the recipe) too and it's also very refreshing. 

I am submitting this Post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Z OE @ Bake For Happy Kids and Little Mui Mui @ My Favourites DIY .

To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)