Monday 23 May 2016

Quick and easy step-by-step tutorial on how to make healthy breakfast that is bursting with healthy fruits and chia seeds

In fact this is not my first time preparing overnight oats for breakfast. I started doing this about 2 years ago but never thought of blogging this as it was a craze then. Back then, practically, almost everyday we could see posting on overnight oats and I did briefly mention it here that it was my usual breakfast too.
Then, recently a friend happened to ask me whether I eat Quaker Oats for breakfast. I told her of my preferred brands; in fact I have 3 regular brands which I have been taking till now and I like these brands. Well, she has been having her regular oats beverage for breakfast in the usual manner for years - hot water + instant oat + sugar. I told her to try overnight oat (rolled oat) and since then, she loves it!!!
Overnight rolled oats is very easy to prepare. My children prepare their own overnight oats and they just add in their favorite ingredients such as dried and fresh fruits, nuts, seeds, milo, chocolate, etc.  Easy peasy and no headaches for parents... best of all ready-to-eat in the morning!
Here's my tutti frutti chia seeds overnight rolled oats which I quite enjoy it. No exact measurement is required as it all depends on individual's taste bud and preference.
First, prepare any container of your choice. I used glass jar. Then, add 3 tablespoons of rolled oats followed by 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, some dried cranberries and mixed dried fruits.
Then, add in 3 scoops of yogurt. I used homemade yogurt
Finally, pour in some milk. I used Farm Fresh milk. Stir and mix well. Cover and keep in the refrigerator. (I prepared this before I go to bed).
Overnight oats just out of the refrigerator.  You may sweeten it with honey but not me.
I like to add fresh fruits as well. For this, I added fresh slices of pineapple and mango.
Healthy and delicious breakfast
Hope you enjoy this simple yet healthy breakfast.  Be creative and add any of your favorite ingredients to the oat mixture.
Have a wonderful week ahead and cheers!




Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving your message or comment at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)