This is a very simple yet healthy sandwich which I used to make it for breakfast. My children like it very much especially with tomato sauce and some fresh cucumber or tomatoes.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- soy sauce
1) Heat about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of butter (to taste) in a pan over medium heat. I used Happy Call Pan.
2) Place bread in the pan. (In fact I made 2 rounds for 4 servings. The above photos are for 2 servings whereas the above recipe is for 1 serving. So, adjust according to your requirement).
3) Bread an egg on top of the bread.
4) Drizzle some soy sauce and pepper on top of the egg according to taste.
5) Place a slice of cheese on top of the egg.
6) Place another slice of bread on top of the cheese. Close the lid and slow grilled over low medium heat.
7) Grilled until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted but the yolk is half-cooked or fully-cooked (depending on individual's preferences).
8) Your healthy sandwich is ready to be served.
Look at the yolk... I like it to be about 80% cooked.