Tuesday 15 October 2013

Miso Glazed Salmon with Peach Jam

Initially, I wanted to cook salmon with orange but realized that I didn't have any oranges left! Then I remembered I have bookmarked  a meat recipe using jam from Phong Hong's blog but have yet to try her  Pineapple and Mango Jam Roasted Belly.  Aha....... my hubby just bought 2 bottles of peach jam and why not?????  If Phong Hong can use jam for roasted belly so successfully, why not I try it on salmon?  Well, I am glad that I gave this recipe a try.  

Using miso and peach jam gives the salmon a very flavorful sweet caramelized taste.  Besides,  it is very appetizing too.  The sweet-savory miso peach glaze on the salmon is so delicious that my children practically licked every drop of the sauce off the plate! And, to tell you the truth, this is my first time using miso for salmon and it is SO EASY to prepare too!!!  

Ingredients :
- 2 salmon fillets (marinated with miso mixture for 20 minutes)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
Marinate : (to taste)
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 tsp ginger juice
Sauce Mixture: (to taste)
- 2 tbsp peach jam (you can use any fruits jam)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (I used acv as I didn't have any lemon on that day)
- a dash of sugar

Seasoning : (to taste)
- soy sauce/liquid aminos

Method :
1)  Heat butter in a pan (I used happy call pan).  Arrange salmon fillets and pan fry until both sides are slightly brown.
2)  Add seasoning on both sides of the fillets.  (I used liquid aminos).
3)  Lower the heat to the minimum.  Spread the combined sauce on both sides of the fillets.  Make sure to turn off the heat if the pan is overheated as the sauce tends to burn quite easily.
4)  Lightly pan fry (with minimum heat or with the heat off) the fillets on both sides.
5)  Dish up and serve.  
Do add extra sauce and you will thank me for that!

Hope you like this simple and appetizing dish :)


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake at this post.

To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!

http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

30 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy . love salmon and this is so delicious with all the ingredients I love , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee, thanks and have a great day ahead :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, look so delicious! So far I haven't tried using jam to make sauce though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doris, give this a try and you will love it :)

      Delete
  3. I have never used jam for any of my savory dishes yet its a brilliant idea. I can see the outcome in this salmon dish, that glossy and caramelized finish. Also am loving the sauce coating over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nava. Yes, it's indeed very yummy esp the sauce :)

      Delete
  4. Ivy, this looks like a very delicious and healthy dish, very creative to use miso with jam. Thanks for the sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LHB and have a wonderful day ahead :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ivy,very nice. Wondering if I could use the marinade to steam fish instead? I don't like to fry fish in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy, I haven't try steaming fish with fruits jam. However, I have tried steaming fish, chicken and pork with miso. Very yummy esp with chicken.


      Delete
  6. Hi Ivy! Thanks for the mention. Now you have given me some other ideas what to do with my jam hah! hah! Been a while since I cooked salmon. Must try your method. Ah, I see that you also use Bragg Liquid Aminos. I am beginning to like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, my pleasure :) Yes, I like Bragg Liquid Aminos and it's healthy too. Have a wonderful day ahead, Phong Hong :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Ivy, this sounds really delicious. The sauce must be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sauce is very yummy, Yen. Have a nice day :)

      Delete
  8. The notion of combining miso and peach jam just tickles me, Ivy. I LOVE it! I may just go buy us some salmon tomorrow! I think it also terrific that your children ger excited over eating fish. I ould never get my kids to eat enough fish especially salmon!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, my children like fish esp if it's fried. I don't like deep fry so if I am to fry fish, I prefer to go for pan fry. Healthier than deep fried.

      Delete
  9. Your miso glazed salmon is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my dear Ivy, I look see, look see only arh... cos I don't take salmon. I don't like the salmon smell. It 's look inviting and I like the sauce...very interesting recipe. I shall try this with mackerel fish or red snapper. You're very innovative, thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Have a nice day... I see you when I see you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia, don't look see, look see only. You can actually try in on chicken meat or any fish fillet. Very yummy too :) You too, have a great day :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Ivy,
    Such an interesting dish! I have never tried using jam for dishes like this, it has always been plum sauce!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, sometimes I do use plum sauce too, depending on what is available in my kitchen, Have a wonderful day ahead :)

      Delete
  12. You just brightened up my day with this brilliant recipe, Ivy.
    It's innovative and I'm sure it tastes delicious!
    Love the combination of salty Miso with the sweetness of peach jam.
    http://ambassadorstable.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela, glad that you like this combination sauce on salmon. Have a great day and take care :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Ivy, I've always used the brown sugar-cider glaze-soy method for my salmon, or make my own teriyaki sauce; but next time I will try the peach jam and miso method, which I happen to have on hand all the time. Sounds and looks moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth, yes it's moist and yummy. Glad that you will give this a try. Do let me know whether this method suits your taste bud :) Hugs and cheers :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Ivy,

    I see that you uses liquid amino for your cooking too... I have checked out this interesting in our local health shop.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, have been using liquid aminos for several years. I usually minimize the seasonings (salt/soy sauce) in my cooking and spray liquid aminos on top of the cooked dishes which are ready to be served. Healthier and tastier too. Have a great day and cheers...

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)