Tuesday 13 August 2013

Stir Fried Bread with Eggs (Meatless Recipe)

What do you do with the leftover bread?  Are you bored of eating the usual bread with just butter and jam? Have you been always scratching your head what to have for breakfast?  Or something simple and healthy for your kids to bring to school? Or may be just a simple lunch for yourself?  Or supper?

Well, I should thank Sri of Love2cook Malaysia for this simple and yet very yummylicious dish.  It does sound a bit weird but when comes to the taste, it's not weird at all.  In fact, I am so happy that finally I managed to cook this dish.  Just had this for lunch (have yet to do the washing and luckily my girls are doing the washing for me NOW) and just couldn't wait any longer to share this to all my dear readers as I know you all will be glad to see this recipe.  It's so simple and you can have it anytime you like.  The main ingredients are the eggs and bread.  Be creative with the additional ingredients or just add any of your preference ingredients.  Once again thanks to Sri of Love2cook Malaysia for the idea of stir frying bread.  I added whatever is available and phew.... yummy yummy...
Ingredients :
- 6 eggs (beaten with a dash of salt and pepper)
- 6 slices of plain bread (cut into small pieces)
- 5 fresh Swiss button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- 6 stalks of Chinese chives/kuchai (cut)
- some Thai basil
- enough oil or butter (I used Ghee as I still have it from my previous Bubur Lambuk)

Seasonings : (to taste)
- salt and pepper (mix with the beaten egg)
- soy sauce
Method :
1)  Heat oil or butter in wok.  
2)  Add all the ingredients except bread, beaten egg and basil.  Stir fry until fragrant.

3)  Push the mixed ingredients to the side of the wok.  Add the beaten egg.
4)  When the egg is thickened (not set), mix the ingredients with the egg and scramble  them together over low heat.

5)  Then, add pieces of bread and basil.  Stir fry until fragrant.
6)  Turn off the heat.  Add a dash of soy sauce.  Stir and mix well.
7)  Dish out and serve.
Serve it with your favourite chili or tomato sauce
Isn't it easy and yummy?  Try this for your kids.


I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out


I am also submitting this to Back 2 School Event by Kachuss Delights 


To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

33 comments:

  1. Ivy, this is good for me. i just have a leftover bread and no idea what to do. thanks for this sharing. its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are really creative, Ivy! My aunt used to make the bread stir fry with egg and I inherited hers lol! Your additions made the dish really yumm looking...love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sri, really thanks so much for your recipe. Very yummy :)

      Delete
  3. Ivy, it looks delicious! No wonder you are so excited until haven't washed plates hah! hah! I think I missed Sri's post or forgotten about this dish. I must try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Phong Hong, you must give it a try. Sekali cuba, nak lagi, hahahaha.... My girls already asked me to cook again this Sunday for breakfast before they go for their ballet lesson.

      Delete
  4. Stir fry! Good idea!

    I normally toss mine with egg and whatever ingredients I want and then baking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is something different and we like it :)

      Delete
  5. Another interesting dish from you! Simple and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, yummy and economical too, hahaha!

      Delete
  6. Huh? Stir-fried bread ? Not heard of but it sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doris, Try this for breakfast. Cheap and yummy. No need to spend so much if eat out.

      Delete
  7. It's a good idea to add in the bread, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good idea to finish of the leftover bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely stir-fry dish! Never tried stir-fried bread before, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ivy , never tried stir fried bread before and with school starting what healthy , yummy quick wholesome breskfast . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee, yes my girl already asked me to cook this for her next week to bring to school to share it with her friends :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Ivy,

    You cooked this meatless stir fry with bread! Very innovative!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe. It's healthy and yummy too :)

      Delete
  12. I love this stir fry. I could eat a whole plate all by myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asha. Me too, can finish more than a plate, hahaha :)

      Delete
  13. Ivy, you are right this is indeed an interesting dish. Bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of such a dish before. Reminds me of Roti John but this is cut up pieces of bread. Looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mich, this is a good idea to use up any leftover bread :)

      Delete
  15. Hi Ivy, you are really creative with your dishes. Like that you always think out of the box but still create such delicious dishes. Thx again for linking this to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yen. This is also the best way not to waste the leftover bread.

      Delete
  16. Hi Ivy, very unusual way to serve bread with eggs. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy, cook this for your kids and I'm sure they'll love it :)

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)