Wednesday 1 April 2015

Easy and Cottony Soft Raisins Oat Bread Using Straight Dough Method

For those who have been following me should know that I am crazy over homebaked bread and have been baking my own bread for my family members and friends.  If you are still new and hesitating whether to try your hands in baking your own bread, no more procrastinating.  Give yourself a try and you will be happy that you did it.  Homebaked bread is anytime healthier and yummy than commercial bread as you can adjust the taste according to your taste buds. 
Well, do give this easy peasy and cottony soft Raisins Oat Bread a try.  You may bake this whole process in your bread machine or knead the dough inside your bread machine and bake it in the oven.  Do it whichever method you feel comfortable.  
This recipe has gone through several trials and errors and finally I am glad to share it with my followers and readers. 

Easy Raisins Oat Bread
Ingredients :
- 288ml water
- 5 tbsp instant oat
- 5 tbsp milk powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 400gm unbleached bread flour
- 1/2 cup raisins (or any measurement as per your requirement)
- 1 tsp instant yeast

Method :
1)  Put all measured ingredients in the bread machine pan in accordance to the above sequence or in the order recommended by the bread machine manual. You may add dried fruits when smooth dough is formed.  Also take note that different machine may have different functions.

2)  Select dough if you are baking the bread in the oven. (I used dough method functions). Otherwise, select sweet or basic white bread.  Please take note different machine has different function.

3)  Remove dough from bread pan when you hear beeping sound.  

4)  Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape it into a rectangular shape.

5)  Place the shaped dough into greased and lightly floured loaf pan.  Cover with damp cloth and let it proof for another 45 minutes or more for a second time proofing.

6)  Once they are doubled in size, if you prefer a glazed and glossy crust, glaze it with egg wash or butter.

7)  Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C - 180°C for about 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown; depending on individual's oven. Do adjust the temperature and timing accordingly.

8) Remove and cool on wire rack.

Healthy bread for your family
To all my fellow bloggers who are always kind enough to drop me a line or two, please take note that I have disabled the comment box as I feel guilty not returning visit to your cyber home.  Will enable the comment box once I am able to return visit.  Thanks for all your previous lovely and sweet comments.  

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving message at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)