Wednesday 11 September 2013

Fragrant Creamy Chicken with Pandan Leaves and Coconut Milk

Frankly speaking I haven't come across this chicken recipe that used pandan leaves (screwpine leaves) and coconut milk (santan) for stir fried chicken. May be you all might have tasted or tried this dish before but it's new to me.  Out of curiosity, I gave this a try and gosh, this dish is full of pandan and santan aroma and it's really fabulous!  
This fabulous recipe was adapted from Y3K (69) pg 4.
Ingredients :
- 400g chicken breast (cut into pieces and marinated for 30 minutes)
- 5 blades of pandan leaves (cut into your preferred length)
- 1/2 cup concentrated coconut milk (santan)
Marinate :
- 1 tbsp ginger juice (I used grated ginger as I like the aroma of the fried grated ginger)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (serbuk ketumbar)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jintan putih)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sat
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Method :
1)  Heat wok with a spoon of oil.  Add in marinated chicken and stir fry well.

2)  Next, add pandan leaves and keep on stir frying till aromatic.

3)  Add coconut milk.  Continue to stir fry and mix well until cook.
4)  Dish up and serve hot with steamed rice.
This is so easy to cook and yummy too :)
This recipe is definitely a keeper :)
Will cook this again but I'm going to add chili padi and extra grated ginger for that extra oommphhhh!


I am submitting this Post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Z OE @ Bake For Happy Kids and Little Mui Mui @ My Favourites DIY .
I'm also sharing this with Cook-Your-Books #4 hosted by Kitchen Flavours.

To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy, this chicken dish look very delightful. With pandan leaves sure very fragrant.If you serve me this I sure need 2 plates of rice. LOL

    Be seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, 2 plates of rice, where got enough for you? I have cooked extra rice for you. Help yourself as many as you want, dear :)

      Delete
  2. Ivy, this is a very interesting dish with the use of pandan leaves and coconut milk. I'm sure it taste very good with an extra oomph from chilli :) Definitely a dish that would lap up loads of rice.

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)