Earlier, I had posted Sweet Fragrant Rosemary Salmon and I used orange juice for the gravy. Surprisingly it was very delish. My kids complained that they couldn't really see the gravy as it had all dried up. I still remember I used 3 oranges for the juice as the oranges were quite small.
So, this time I use orange juice for fish fillet as my girls have been pestering me to cook fish with orange juice gravy and they specifically requested for more gravy! Instead of using salmon, I used treadfin fillet (ikan kurau). Coincidentally, I spotted this recipe from YumYum 44, page 9!
Look at the gravy! Tempting isn't it? It was all gone in seconds! If you prefer lesser gravy or a more crystallized gravy, reduce the orange juice and simmer the gravy until it's almost dried or crystallized, just as I did it in my previous post on Sweet Fragrant Rosemary Salmon.
Recipe sourced from YumYum 44, page 9.
- 2 pieces of ikan kurau fillet (marinated with salt)
- few slices of ginger
- 2 oranges (take the juice and the pulp)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tbsp shredded lemon rind
- oil for frying
Seasonings : (to taste)
- 2 tbsp sugar
1) Heat oil in a wok and deep fry fish until golden brown on both sides. Dish up and set aside.
2) Leave 1 tbsp of oil in the wok. Saute ginger until fragrant.
3) Then add in orange juice, lemon juice, seasonings and bring to boil.
4) Lower the heat and add in the fried fish and shredded lemon rind.
5) Simmer for 10 minutes or until the gravy is thickened or crystallized, depending on your preference.
6) Serve with steamed rice.
The tangy sweet sourish gravy is very appetizing and yummy :)
Do adjust the flavour and thickness of the gravy according to your taste.
Most kids love this gravy. Do give this a try :)
I'm also linking this post to Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Alvin of Chef and Sommelier.
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks! http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)