Tuesday 18 June 2013

Easy Long Beans Sardine Curry (suitable for kids learning to take spicy food)

After my very first try of  Canned Sardine Curry, my children like it very much and have been urging me to cook canned sardine curry.  So, for this time, I used instant curry paste and guess what?  It's indeed very yummy; even better than the Canned Sardine Curry I cooked previously.  It is also suitable to train children to adapt to any spicy food or curry as it's not that spicy (you can adjust the curry paste according to your taste) and I am sure they will love the gravy.  My children love the gravy very much!  Besides, it is SO EASY to prepare and for those who are busy, this is just perfect as it's quick and easy!
You can add any of your preferred vegetables such as brinjals, long beans, lady's fingers, tofu puff, etc

Ingredients :
- 1 canned sardine
- 1 packet of Instant Fish Curry Paste
- 4 lemongrass (washed and crushed)
- some long beans (cut according to your preferred length)
- 2 tomatoes (cut)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup water

Method :
1)  Saute curry paste, onions and lemongrass in a wok or pot. (However, that day I was in a hurry and wanted everything to be quick, what I did was put everything into a pot and let it cooked!)
2)  Then add canned sardine, tomatoes and water.
3) Cover and let it boil over medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
4)  Lastly add long beans and salt to taste.  Let it simmer for another 5 minutes over low heat.
5)  Serve with steamed rice or  bread
Isn't it easy peasy?
Also train your kids to get used to spicy food with this simple dish :)

I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders,(http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2013/06/little-thumbs-up-its-curry-time.html) organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite D.I.Y and Carole's Chatter - Food on Friday: Anchovies and Sardines.I'm also linking this post to September 2013 Cooking With Herbs Blog Challenge hosted by Lavender and Lovage.





Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

10 comments:

  1. We love sardine curry, very good with roti canai!
    I've just cooked sardine curry too a few days ago, but a spicier version. Yes, this would be perfect to introduce kids to curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, in fact I am also training my youngest girl to take more spicy food. She likes this sardine curry and gradually I will try to add cili padi, hahaha :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivy,

    I'm trying to train my 4 yo boy to eat spicy food too but didn't progress anywhere so far. Hope that my boy will eat this sardine curry. He is not a big fan of sardine but let's see...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe,
      You can try hot and spicy chicken (http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.com/2013/06/hot-and-spicy-chicken.html) to train your son to eat spicy food. Just adjust the chili paste according to your taste and add extra tomatoes. My youngest girl (already 14yrs old and yet still can't take spicy food) likes it when I add extra tomatoes to it. She even 'cleaned up' the gravy!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, Ivy! Would you be happy to link it in to the current Food on Friday over at Carole's Chatter which is creating a collection of recipes using anchovies or sardines? This is the link . I do hope to see you there. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thanks so much for your invitation and visiting my humble blog. I am linking this to Food on Friday. Once again thanks so much and have a nice day :)

      Delete
    2. Ivy, so glad you stopped by and added to the collection. I am now following you too! HOpe to see you again soon. Cheers

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)