Friday 6 September 2013

Fried Rice with Apple Cubes (Meatless Recipe)

This is a simple fried rice from scratch.  I had a red apple left and nobody seems to take the initiative to eat it and 2 stalks of almost wilted Chinese Leeks.  It's already end of the week and the next day I needed to replenish my fridge with fresh produce for the following week. Throw???  Better not!!!!  Whatever it is, THRIFTY is the word!  Yes, we need to be thrifty in our spending and throwing food is a big NO NO for me!  
Be creative and innovative in your cooking and you will be surprised you can actually save a lot!  End result? Simple and yummy fried rice for the whole family!
Ingredients :
- 3 bowls of leftover/over night rice (I used brown rice)
- 1 red apple (peeled and cubed)
- 2 stalks of Chinese Leeks (washed and cut)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 mashed salted egg white(I used the leftover from my previous cooking here, and  here,)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 red onions (finely chopped)
Seasonings : (to taste)
- salt
- pepper
- soy sauce
- dark caramel sauce
Method :
1)  Heat oil in a wok. Saute garlic and onion until aromatic.
2)  Add leeks and apple cubes and give it a quick stir.

3)  Add rice and mashed salted egg white.  Stir fry and mix well.

4)  Spread the rice evenly over the wok and pour beaten egg all over the rice.  When the egg has almost set, stir fry until fragrant.
5)  Add seasonings and keep stirring until the rice is well blended with the egg and the seasonings.
Serve hot.
If you don't like this brownish looking fried rice, may be you would be more interested in another version of my fried rice.
|
Fragrant Golden Fried Pearl White Rice (<--click for the recipe)

I am submitting this to Back 2 School Event by Kachuss Delights 





To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

1 comment:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)