Wednesday 18 September 2013

Nutritious Chicken Soup with Dried Figs (无花果)

According to Tonic Soups for Vitality by Madam Choong Su Yin, dried figs is neutral in nature and tastes bitter sweet.  Figs from America possess better quality.  Figs helps in preventing cancer such as lung cancer and gastrointestinal cancer.  It improves digestion, increasing breast milk, relieves swelling and is anti-inflammatory. 

This soup is easy to prepare.  It's healthy and nutritious too.  

Ingredients :
- 1 whole chicken leg 
- 8 dried figs
- 3 red dates
- 1 tbsp Chinese Wolfberries
- 4 bowls of hot water
Seasonings : (to taste)
- a dash of salt

Method :
1)  To double-boil, first boil water in a big pot or wok.
2) Then put all the ingredients into a Chinese ceramic pot and cover.  I used vision pot.
3)  When the big pot of water is boiled, place the ceramic pot (vision pot) of ingredients into it and steamed over high heat for 1/2 hour.
4)  Lower the heat and steam for about 2 hours.
5)  Season with salt and serve hot. 
A very healthy and nutritious soup for the whole family
We usually finished all the soup and the ingredients but not the meat.



To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

18 comments:

  1. IVY IVY IVYYYY....akak puasa la hari ni, nampak sup sluuurrrppp ni aduiii....dah berjangkit banjir kat kibod nih!

    psst akak baru siap masak ayam pandan tu tau, jap lg nak post entri tu...anak akak cakap sedddapppp sangat mama....

    mama dia memang sedap! hah hah hah..
    eh thank you ya for the recipe tp akak derhaka sikit la...biasa la profesor centong kan..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eshhh.... Kak Q, lepas puasa, I masakkan untuk Kak, ok?

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivy, your comfort soup look so delicious. I can just eat this with a bowl of rice, kow tim. I love the dried figs, I used to buy and munch as a snack. :)

    Have a nice day. See you later at FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia, my children also used to munch the dried figs as snacks too. Usually we have double boiled soup about 2 hours after dinner, then to bed.

      Delete
  3. Its my fav because I love the combo of kei chi, figs and dates with the chicken. I do sometimes make such a soup but need to try with figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nava, try it with figs. Yummy and nutritious too :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ivy , love all thhe ingredients , I know my family will love it , thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love soups, they are so comforting :) Take this opportunity to wish you Happy MidAutumn Festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Happy Mid Autumn Festival to you too :)

      Delete
  6. I like the natural sweetness of figs in chicken soup. It's a very tasty combo. And nutritious too. You prepared great soups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ivey...This is combination is new to me but can feel the lovely blend of figs, dates with chicken.......So healthy and nutritious ....Thanks for sharing dear....

    ReplyDelete
  8. this soup sure looks good! Love the use of the dried figs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a very nice soup, i love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have already written this recipe and will cook for my family. By the way did you know what garlic is the most powerful from vegetables for our health? I wrote about it here Nutritious and Curative Vegetables of West Africa

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)