According to Tonic Soups for Vitality by Madam Choong Su Yin, dried figs is neutral in nature and tastes bitter sweet. Figs from America possess better quality. Figs helps in preventing cancer such as lung cancer and gastrointestinal cancer. It improves digestion, increasing breast milk, relieves swelling and is anti-inflammatory.
This soup is easy to prepare. It's healthy and nutritious too.
- 1 whole chicken leg
- 8 dried figs
- 3 red dates
- 1 tbsp Chinese Wolfberries
- 4 bowls of hot water
Seasonings : (to taste)
- a dash of salt
1) To double-boil, first boil water in a big pot or wok.
2) Then put all the ingredients into a Chinese ceramic pot and cover. I used vision pot.
3) When the big pot of water is boiled, place the ceramic pot (vision pot) of ingredients into it and steamed over high heat for 1/2 hour.
4) Lower the heat and steam for about 2 hours.
5) Season with salt and serve hot.
A very healthy and nutritious soup for the whole family
We usually finished all the soup and the ingredients but not the meat.
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)