When I saw Baby Sumo's Devilled Eggs and Guai Shu Shu's, I know I must make this. The name DEVIL also attracted my curiosity to give this a try. Oh Gosh! This is so yummy and easy to make. You can be creative with the seasonings or add any of your favourite ingredients. Let your imagination runs wild.... This is indeed a very interesting egg dish and a keeper too.
Ingredients used are very simple and the seasonings can be varied depending on your taste.
This recipe is adapted from Baby Sumo with some minor modifications.
- 4 hard boiled eggs (shelled)
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 pcs cheddar cheese
- a dash of salt
Seasonings/Toppings : (depending on individual's preferences)
- a dash of grated nutmeg
- some mustard
- some salmon caviar
1) Halve the hard boiled eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the egg yolks into a bowl.
2) Mash the yolks with a fork.
3) Add cheese, mayonnaise, butter and salt. Mix well into smooth paste.
Oops, forgotten to take a shot of the ready smooth paste :(
4) Scoop or use a plastic piping bag to pipe the egg yolk mixture into the hollow egg whites.
5) Grind some nutmeg powder on top of the eggs.6) Then, top it with some salmon caviar.
7) You can omit the salmon caviar and just top it with some mustard or you may also top it with both salmon caviar and mustard too.
Do these Devilled Eggs give you cold sweat????
Or are you already drooling............????
Here's a treat for you... :)
Isn't this a perfect party food?
I'm also linking this post to September 2013 Cooking With Herbs Blog Challenge hosted by Lavender and Lovage.
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!