Monday 11 August 2014

Zucchini Carrot Loaf

When I first saw Phong Hong's Zucchini bread, I told myself, wow, this is great! Why???? Well, I like zucchini and another main reason is that this recipe is healthy and so easy to make. Being so excited, I baked it the following day and I am glad that I did it without any procrastination. We like the bread/cake so much that I baked it again for a karaoke session with a group of childhood friends.
However, for this get-together, instead of a loaf, I baked it into 'cupcakes'; reason was for easy handling and besides, this is also great as party food.
The loaf is soft and moist and taste like a cake
However, the 'cupcake' is not too moist and soft and taste more like bread
Which one do you like?

Zucchine Bread
Recipe source : adapted from Phong Hong (with some minor modification)

Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g sugar (due to the addition of raisins, I reduced the sugar)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup of mixed raisins

Method :
1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
2. Stir in the grated zucchini and carrot. Then followed by the oil. Mix till well blended.
3. Sift in flour 1/3 at a time over no. 2 and mix well.
4. Add raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Mix well.
5. Pour batter into a lined or greased 4" x 9" x 3" loaf pan or cupcake/muffin cups.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 40 to 45 minutes (for loaf) or 180C for 20 minutes (for muffin or cupcake cups) or until cooked; depending on individual oven temperature.
7. Let cool in pan for about 10 mins before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Do head over to Phong Hong's Bake for her original recipe. Do give this a try and you will love it.

The loaf tasted like fruit cake


Whereas the 'cupcakes' is more towards like bread


It tastes even better after one or two days


Do have a great week ahead and cheers :)



To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

24 comments:

  1. Intresting recipe. Very healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy! I love your zuchinni loaf! It sure looks very colourful and I bet very tasty too. Good idea to make it in cupcake form. And thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phong Hong for the recipe. Yes, the cake is very yummy especially the loaf as it's moist and tasted like fruit cake. Cheers and regards :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Zucchini did lots of justice for the outcome. I totally agree: super moist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nava. Have a good day and regards :)

      Delete
  4. Like these mini-breads. A great way to use up zucchini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hester for dropping by. You have a nice day and cheers :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful loaf Ivy, I love the veggies in it and the color...thanks for the recipe.
    Have a great week dear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana. You too, have a great week and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  6. This bread looks delicious. I need to make it soon. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine. You are welcome and regards :)

      Delete
  7. Delicious looking & healthy loaf . Love the idea using of zuchinni & carrot in this recipe! I've been wondering what I can do with all the zuchinnis that I've harvested from my vegetable patch . Thanks for sharing this interesting recipe . Have anice day Ivy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kit, Thanks for dropping by. Yes, zucchini loaf is healthy and yummy too. Tasted like fruit cake! You have a wonderful day and regards :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely loaf, Ivy! I love using zucchinis in bakes, which makes very moist bakes!
    I would go for the loaf, as I have always love loaf cakes over cupcakes!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, thanks for your compliments. Yes, I, too prefer the loaf as it's more moist and fluffy. You have a fabulous day and regards :)

      Delete
  9. I always say you can't have too many zucchini recipes. (And I think I prefer the loaf since it's easier to do...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inger for dropping by. You have a great day and regards :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Ivy, nice zucchini carrot loaf. But I guess I'll take a pass on this....as for some reason or other zucchini not on my food to eat menu.
    When we first arrived, lived in a house, previous owner, Italians had planted this. And that summer, there were so many fruits all monster size...gave to my neighbours.
    Must compliment you on your this loaf.....you sure excelling in your cakes, breads and food dishes. Outstanding.
    Bet your hubby sure hands on hips very proud of you.
    Wayyyy to go, Ivy!
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shane for dropping by. Too bad zucchini is not in your menu. Now I take note what not to serve when inviting you over for tea, hehehe... Well, when come to baking, there's still a lot for me to learn... Anyway, thanks so much for your nice words.
      You have a wonderful day and warmest regards,
      Ivy

      Delete
  11. Interesting combination. I have to try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simona. You have a great day and cheers :)

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)