This is a very simple and yet appetizing dish which is popular among Chinese. I have been preparing this particular dish on and off but didn't realize that I have in fact missed out one particular important seasoning. This important ingredient is TAPIOCA FLOUR!!!! See how ignorant I am!!! Well, I should thank Y3K when I chanced upon this in the Y3K issue no. 31, page 8.
Recipe source : Y3K(31) page 8 by Ms Catherine Chia
Frankly speaking, previously it never cross my mind to marinate meat with tapioca flour for steaming dish. I do use tapioca flour for other methods of cooking but why not in steaming? Still scratching my head!!! From here, you should know how good I am in cooking, right? Well, it's still better late than never!
Meat marinated in corn starch or tapioca flour is tenderer and softer and since then, corn flour plays one of the important ingredients in my kitchen!
- 2 strips of pork belly (skinned and sliced)
- 50g mui heong salted fish (rinsed, diced)
- 2 tbsps young shredded ginger
- 1 red chili (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oyster sauce (I omitted this)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 chicken granules stock (I omitted this too)
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
Diced spring onions
Some fried minced garlic
1) Marinate sliced pork belly with seasonings. I let it marinated for about 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, boil water in a steamer.
3) Add shredded diced salted fish, ginger and chili on top of the marinated pork belly.
4) Steam for 10 minutes. (I steamed it for 15 minutes over high heat).
5) Remove and garnish it with diced spring onions and fried onions.
4) Serve it hot with steamed rice.
Simple, quick and easy
Be advised to cook extra rice if you are serving this for your family
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)