Having a bowl of refreshing sweet potatoes dessert on a lazy raining Sunday is heaven! I would usually cook dessert during weekends when every member of my family is at home and we have time to enjoy it at our own sweet time instead of in a rush rush.
Ingredients :- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes (peeled, cut and soaked in water so as to prevent it from turning dark, drained)
- 2 thumb sized ginger (crushed)
- 1 bunch of pandan leaves/screw pine leaves (washed, knotted)
- honeycomb sugar (to taste)
- enough water
1) Fill water in a pot and add sweet potatoes and ginger.
2) Bring to boil and let it simmer until the sweet potatoes is semi-cooked.
3) Add pandan leaves and honeycomb sugar and continue to simmer until the potatoes are soft.
4) Serve hot.
A very refreshing dessert. Reduce the ginger is you are not a ginger lover. As for me, I LOVE ginger and I like to add extra into the dessert.
Alternatively, you can also cook Barley with Sweet Potatoes (<-- click here for the recipe) too and it's also very refreshing.
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)