This fluffy bread is the result of my impromptu add-ins.
Hi all, finally I am back to my blogging world and hope everyone is fine out there. Today I am going to share with you an impromptu bread recipe which turned out to be very fluffy and cottony soft.
While my bread machine was about to mix the necessary ingredients for a basic loaf bread dough, suddenly it came across my mind that I still had a sample sachet of instant coco mix drink in my pantry. No one in my family seems to be interested in this drink. Why let it go to waste, right? So, I just tore open the sachet and added it into the bread machine pan which was kneading the dough away. Then, at the spur-of-the-moment, my mind told me to add some sunflower seeds too! So, down it went into the kneading pan! Later, while shaping the bread, I told myself why not shape it into buns instead of a loaf!! So, from loaf to buns. After shaping the buns, I had this urge to top the bread with some sesame seeds!!! My mind was especially 'creative' on that day!!!
Finally, this is the result of my impromptu bread : from basic white loaf to Chocolate Sesame Sunflower Seeds Buns! Not bad eh...
So, here's the proper recipe of the so-called impromptu Chocolate Sesame Sunflower Seeds Buns.
Ingredients (A) :
- 330 high protein flour
- 1.5 tbsp milk powder
-1/2 tsp salt
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 sachet of instant coco mixed drink of any brand
- some sunflower seeds
Ingredient (B) :
- 1 egg (grade B)
Ingredients (C) : Mixed together
- 120ml water
- 10g instant yeast
Ingredient (D) :
- 40g butter
-1 egg (beaten)
- some sesame seeds
1) Combine ingredients A together in a mixer except the sunflower seeds. Slightly blend it before adding ingredients B and C.
2) Beat approximately 5 minutes to form a dough. Add in sunflower seeds.
3) Add butter and continue to beat until the dough is smooth. To check whether the dough is fully developed, stretch a small piece with your fingers to see if it can be stretched into thin layer without tearing it. If it does not stretch, continue beating again until it passes the stretch.
4) Remove dough and leave it in a big bowl, cover with a piece of damp cloth. Leave bowl in a warm place and proof dough for about 30-40 minutes till doubled in size.
1-4) I used bread machine to knead the dough. Just put the ingredients as per your machine instructions and let it proof. After the 1st proofing, take the dough out from the machine.
5) Divide the dough into 6 or 8 (your preference) equal portions . Shape them into small balls and let them rest for 5 minutes.
6) Flatten and roll each ball of dough into oblong shape. Repeat the same method with the rest of the dough.
7) Place them on a greased baking tray or lined with baking paper. Allow them to rise for another 1 hr or until doubled in size.
8) Once they are doubled in size, glaze with egg wash and sprinkle top with some sesame seeds.
9) Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown) depending on individual's oven. So, do adjust the temperature and timing accordingly.
10) Remove and cool on wire rack.
See how fluffy it is...........
Very rich in chocolate flavor too...
nutty and cottony soft as well....
This impromptu added ingredients recipe is a keeper
Hope you like this recipe and have a great week ahead !
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK.
Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving your message or comment at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)