Friday 15 September 2017

This hearty one-pot-guilt-free meal is the easiest ever and also a satisfying meal which is sure to be your family favorite and that even your four-year old child can also prepare it without any fuss

Again and again..... my apologies for MIA.  For the past few months I have been busy with my other commitments and glad to say that, finally I managed to get around updating my site here.... πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹
After recovery from my recent food poisoning, I have been on clean eating most of the time.  This Hearty One-Pot Sweet Corn Tomato Steamed Brown Rice is one of the foods that I prepared for myself and family.  It's very easy to prepare and even your small kid has no problem cooking it.   
Do not underestimate this simple bowl of rice. This all-in-one meal is packed with nutrients and it's a stress-free way of preparing meal especially when you are under the weather!
This one-pot meal is also suitable for vegetarians....for vegans, just substitute butter with coconut oil.

Hearty One-Pot Sweet Corn Tomato Steamed Brown Rice
Ingredients : (the measurement is just served as a guideline and I added whatever is available in my kitchen)
- 1.5 cups brown rice (you may use white rice as per your usual portion)
- water for rice (do take note that you should reduce about 1/4 cup of water from your usual water portion)
- 1 large tomato (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1 slice of fresh turmeric (smashed)
- some Chinese Wolfberries/Goji Berries
- some pandan leaves
- about a tbsp butter
Seasoning :
- sea salt to taste
- or any seasoning you like
Method :
1)  Put all the above ingredients into the electric rice cooker and cook as you normally cook your rice.
2)  See, your rice is ready to be served!  Easy isn't it?
Serve warm with a sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds
Hope you like this simple yet healthy bowl of rice
Other rice recipes you might be interested πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡ Just click at the image for the respective recipe.

Cheers and have an awesome weekend ahead πŸ’–





To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK

Sorry, the comment box is closed at this time. However, you may contact me by leaving message at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)